If your nails are not done, your whole appearance looks incomplete regardless of the fact that you are wearing a wonderful dress. Nail colors, for the time being, are good, but in long term they damage your nails and spoils the original color and shine of the. It is not difficult at all to get shiny and long nails. You can collect ingredients from your kitchen cabinet and use them on your nails.
Here are a few natural remedies you can opt to make your nails look beautiful.
- Keep your nails dipped in lukewarm olive oil for 15-20 minutes. Do it at least once a day. It promotes the growth of your nails and makes the look shiny.
- Massage your nails for at least 5 minutes with olive oil, before going to bed. Massage gently. Wear cotton gloves and sleep. Repeat it on daily basis.
- Prepare a nail soak. Take half cup of coconut oil, half cup of honey and 8 drops of rosemary essential oil. Warm the solution. Soak your nails in this mixture for about 15 minutes. Follow the procedure thrice a week to get better results.
- Massage your nails with lukewarm coconut oil at night, before you go to sleep. Massaging in circular motion will help in increasing your blood circulation. Repeat at least four times a week.
- Rub a slice of lemon on your nails for at least five minutes and then wash them with lukewarm water. Dry it and apply a good moisturizer. Do it at least once a day. If you are having any cut or hang nail, don’t rub lemon on your nail. It may sting.
- Make a nail soak by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon extract in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat up the solution and soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. Repeat daily.
- Take dried horsetail about ¾ tablespoons and add it in 2 cups of boiling water. Cover it and let boil for 10 minutes. Let it cool and strain. Soak your nails in the solution for 20 minutes. Follow this remedy at least 5 times a week.
- Drink horsetail tea at least once a day for long and healthy nails.
- You can take a biotin supplement. But before it, must consult your physician.
- Biotin can be obtained from food like walnuts, oats, lentils, strawberries, soybeans, milk, cucumber, cauliflower, almonds, salmon, tomatoes, carrots, grains, eggs etc.
- Take 3 spoons of dry stinging nettle leaves and add them into a cup of hot water. Cover and let them boil for at least 10 minutes. Strain it and add some honey in it. Drink this tea at least once in a day.
- Rub the oil on your nails and massage smoothly for a few minutes, wear gloves for a few hours.
Repeat this treatment daily.
- Prepare a solution by mixing half cup of tomato juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Soak your nails in the solution for 10 minutes. Repeat the treatment daily.
- You can use protein supplements for your nails but it is suggested to consult your doctor before using them. Drink protein shakes or add protein milk to a glass of milk and drink.
- For vegetarians, legumes, seeds, green vegetables, nuts and spinach are best diet to take appropriate care of their nails.
- You can increase your protein intake by adding poultry, fish and beef in your diet.