Excess of anything is bad. Eating overly is often the reason of embarrassment and that is why people with this habit are ashamed and often try to hide the signs of over eating and eat in secret.
They are often obese and overweight but some of them possess normal weight. Besides over eating accompanies many side effects.
What are the symptoms of overeating?
- Inability to control excess eating
- Eating large quantity of food
- Eating rapidly
- Hiding food stocks which they might eat later in secrecy
- Eating even when they are full
- Eating normally in other’s presence but being too much in loneliness
- Eating round the clock without having fixed meal times
- Depression and mood swings
- History of weight fluctuations
- Withdrawal from physical and social activities because of embarrassment about eating and over weight
- Holding the belief that life will be better if they can lose weight
- Self-defeating statements after food consumption
- Holding the belief that food is their only friend
- Loss of sexual desire
There are some emotional symptoms also which include:
- Desperation to control eating habits and weight
- Feeling stressed and having feeling that it will be relieved by eating only
- Feeling numb while eating too much
- No matter how much they eat, never feeling satisfied
- Feeling guilty, disgusted, or depressed after overeating
What are the side effects of overeating?
Overeating results in serious consequences which may take not much time. But the results are certain. It leads you to a point in your life where you can neither use your body nor the mind in beneficial way. Have a look on the disadvantages of overeating:
Overweight or Obesity:
Overeating makes you lazy and you tend to have lesser physical activity which may later turn into total idleness. Overeating in combination with less or no physical activity makes you obese and the consequences are really devastating. Obesity may take you to high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
Overeating can cause fever:
As the people with overeating habit get more food ingested in their bodies which produce more heat units there and the body is compelled to go into heating business. This excess heating causes fever.
You may have a worn out body:
Fuel taken overly in your system, causes the body to get wear out, totally. Experts have figured out that it gives a result of food need that is at least twice as great as necessary.
Fatigued and lethargic body:
A feeling of lethargy is brought by overeating. It is highly recommended to quit eating before you feel full. When too much food is ingested, a desire to sleep rises. Tiredness after having a meal also shows the same. In such situation, so much blood is required to digestive organs and there is no blood left for the brain therefore it is recommended to eat moderately before doing some mind activity.
Causes a bad taste:
A bad mouth taste is also an indication of overeating. It may be due to a filthy mouth or the use of alcohol.
If you over eat then the fermentation of food in the alimentary tract causes often heartburns and hiccough.
There are so many other side effects of overeating which are categorized as immediate and long-term side effects.
Immediate side effects:
Immediate side effects of overeating include:
- Immediate feeling of being full and weight gain
- Uneasiness caused due to overstuffing
- Agitation and irritation
Long-term side effects:
Long-term side effects of overeating are hard to eliminate and can lead you to serious health problems. They include:
- High cholesterol
- Heart problems
- Sleep apnea
- Bone deterioration
- Kidney diseases